In the week before Thanksgiving, Mommy and Daddy and I took a little vacation. We began in San Diego. We got to have dinner with Aunt Karrie, Uncle Louis, and Cousins Johnny and Riley.
The next day we went to Sea World. I was really excited to go after Daddy showed me the Shamu camera on the computer.
Here I am with a sea star on my hand. The man at the touch tank told us to close our eyes so we could feel the sea star's little feet curl around our hand.
Of course we had to see the Shamu show. Mommy bought me some cotton candy to enjoy while we waited for the show to start.
My favorite part was when the whales shook their heads no when the trainers offered them one fish. They did it again when they were offered two fish. They shook yes when the trainers offered them the full bucket of fish.
After the show I went up to the tank to see the whales swimming around.
I met a walrus while we were there too!
We got to go on a special tour where they took us behind the scenes. Our first stop was to see the dolphins. I got to feed one a fish!
I also got to pet the dolphin. It felt really rubbery.
Next we got to check out a sea turtle that had just had some surgery to repair one of its flippers.
Here we are looking at the Moray eels. We fed them some squid through tubes in the plastic shield that was over their tank.
We saw a lot of other animals including beluga whales, walrus and polar bears. We also watched a dolphin show that I loved because it had princesses and lots of acrobatics.
When we were ready to leave, I sat on the Shamu car out front. It was a great day and I can't wait to visit Sea World again!












1 comment:
Now, that is a wonderful, magical trip playing with all the sea creatures. Lucky you!!
xoxo Grandma Donna
Post a Comment