Friday, June 8, 2012

Cowgirl Time

After a brief trip home after Melina's party, we headed over to Walnut Creek to help Joey celebrate his fifth birthday.
Here I am in my riding gear. I wore jeans and my fancy suede boots. Daddy and I fought over that part as I didn't want to mess up my boots, but if I don't wear them soon, they will be too small for me!
 Here I am with Joey and Nolan as we watched the people saddle up the horses and ponies for our ride.
 When the horses were all ready we had to go over and get helmets.
 Because I was the tallest, I got to get on my horse first. Her name was Diva. They had a little set of steps for me to use to get high enough to get on. They showed me how to grab the saddle horn to help boost myself on.
 Then they had me put my foot up in the stirrup and swing my other leg over the saddle. Mommy likes my panties showing in this picture! Low rise jeans.
 We each had our own person to lead us around the ring while we rode. Mine had lots to say. She taught me how to hold the reins correctly and how to use my feet and make clicking noises to get Diva to go.
Once everyone was on their horses we played a few games like Simon Says and had some "races." We got to ride for almost an hour. It was a lot of fun! I loved riding the horse.
Afterwards we headed over to a nearby park for some playtime, snacks and birthday cupcakes.

No comments: