Today Daddy ran in a marathon. He and my Aunt Karrie ran the first half of the marathon. They started out at the Ferry Plaza on the Embarcadero. We had to get up at 4 am! The race started for Daddy at 6:00 and for Aunt Karrie about 20 minutes later.
After we watched both of them start, Mommy and I headed back to the car to drive over to the park where the first half ended. We had to drive around for a long time to find a spot so that by the time we got to the finish line, Daddy came along only about 20 minutes later. He finished 13.1 miles in 2 hours and 2 minutes.
After that we had to race back to the car to drive back to the starting line so that I could run in my race. I put on my race shirt and some shorts and did some stretching with the other kids before Daddy caught up to us (the race started at 9, so he had to let us out and go find parking just in case so I wouldn't miss my race.)
Here Daddy and I are at the starting line waiting for our turn to run.
We ran at the back of the pack for most of the way and then turned it on at the end. I really enjoyed the race. I got a medal and a free taco afterwards! Daddy got an Irish coffee. He wanted the Irish with no coffee, but they wouldn't give him that :)





2 comments:
so proud of both of you!!! Grandma Donna
Yay Lily!!! How fun for your first race!! Makes me excited about johns in January!! Way to go Daddy too!! What a fun day!!
Post a Comment