When Lily was tiny, I joined a mom's group of 8 other fabulous women and their similarly aged babies. We remain friends 7 years later and some of us are super close. Even though most of us all go to different schools at this point, we still try to get together as often as possible. In order to avoid having to go to 9 different birthday parties in the space of a month, we now have a birthday potluck to celebrate all 9 children at once. This year I was in charge with two other moms.
Fiona was underwhelmed and fell asleep on the way over to the potluck and slept through most of it.
Grammy kept her company for a while.
Lily was busy playing outside with her friends.
My main job was to provide the birthday cupcakes. Last year it was a decoration free for all so this year I tried to organize it a little better. Each child chose the flavor of cupcake they wanted and the color of their frosting. Then I put different decorations in each of the wells of a paint pallet. Each child got their own and then got to put on what they liked.
Lily helped me set it all up the morning of. I taped their name on each try so they got the right frosting color.
It was a huge hit!
We got them all to look for a second. The group is up to 19 kids now with siblings!
The big 7 year old!
Lily indulged herself with licking the knife.
Fi finally woke up and decided to join in. She warmed up in Daddy's arms for a while.
Then took a turn with Anna, or as we call her, second mom.
She decided it was time to join in on the decorating.
Time to taste test :)
Lily and her friends got to do a pinata as well. She enjoyed herself a lot!
My beautiful girls.
No comments:
Post a Comment