Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Fifth Birthday Party

On the Friday before my party, Mommy took me to see Marcia and Paul. Bella had just gotten home from college and she took me in the back and got me an apron. Then we got two trays of cookies and I got to help decorate them to look like Mickey Mouse


Here I am with my piping bag of chocolate and Bella was helping me learn how to squeeze the chocolate out.
I got to stand on a step stool and then I piped on the eyes, nose and mouths.


Bella did most of the ears, but I helped out a little on a few of them.

Finally, Bella gave me some sparkle dust and a brush and I tapped the sparkles on the Mickey ears.

Here is one of the completed cookies.
I think adding the sparkles was my favorite part of the whole experience.
On Saturday morning we went back to Masses and picked up my amazing birthday cake. I think Paul thought we were feeding 60 people instead of 30!
They put my name and my new age on the cake plate too.
I went through several outfits for the dance party. We decorated with balloons and streamers. I got to wear a flashing princess crown and I put on my Rapunzel wedding dress.
Here is the cake table with my cake, cookies and the flowers that Emma brought for me.
Emma and Maya were the first to arrive at the party and they joined right in the dancing.



A little later, Uncle Stephen, Aunt Natalie, Uncle Louis and Cousin Colton arrived.
We put a crown on Colton too.
I changed into a party dress at some point and continued dancing.




At one point I got Uncle Louis to dance with me. I showed him a few of my moves.


Aunt Natalie joined in too. She did some spins with me while Uncle Stephen and Colton watched.

Colton likes to show off his teeth when he smiles.
We had a princess castle pinata. I got to hit it first.
It was a really strong pinata and eventually, Daddy had to break it open with his hands!
 I put the candles in the cake and then we took it outside to sing happy birthday

 But it was too windy so we went back inside and did the singing inside instead.


 I blew out all my candles.
It was a great birthday party and I had a lot of fun. Mommy and Daddy were grateful that they didn't have a messy house to clean up too!

1 comment:

louis said...

What a FANTASTIC party you had with everybody dancing and having fun. You are the Picasso of Micky Mouse faces, LOL! I'm surprised that you got Colton to wear the crown.

Love you,

Grandpa