Sunday, August 21, 2011

Fishing

After we left the family on Sunday, we met up with Mommy and Daddy's friend Sara and her fiance and their two boys Jack and Andy. We had lunch and then headed North. We stopped at a brewery along the way. They let me draw on the floor with chalk!

 Daddy and I both got new shirts there. Mine says Santa's Little Helper on it :)
 Sunday night we stayed in San Clemente. When we got up on Monday we took a walk on the pier. I posed with a pelican.
 Mommy, Daddy and I continued our vacation by going fishing with one of Daddy's friends in Dana Point.
Here we are sitting on the boat as we head out of the harbor.

 I enjoyed watching the pelicans over the side of the boat as we got close to the fishing area.

 Mommy and Daddy and I caught one of the first two fish on the boat. I was not excited about it at first.



The blood freaked me out and when Daddy tried to have me hold the bait while he got the pole ready for the next try, I refused.


However, after a few more successes, I felt more confident and was excited to catch and pose with the fish.







 Here I am fishing with Daddy's friend Chuck, the captain of the boat. We caught several things together.





It was a good first fishing trip. We were out for 5 hours and at the end of it, I was so exhausted that I fell asleep in Mommy's arms on the ride back in to the harbor.

No comments: