On Monday morning, Mommy and Daddy woke me up super early to head to the airport. We took two plane rides and then a long car ride and we arrived at our hotel in Mexico. We are staying in Akumal which is a south of Cancun and a little north of Tulume. On our second day, I dressed myself and had the cereal that mom and dad bought for the trip a while ago (those little boxes). Once I did that, I dressed myself for the beach in orange sweats and the fun orange top that Grammy made me. Mommy added a hat and I was out the door.
I was a little hesitant at first, but once I put on my bathing suit, Daddy got me in the water. We swam for a while but I was a little nervous in the waves. I played in the sand some, but I didn't have any toys yet. We drove back to Playa del Carmen and went to Walmart :) and got snacks and toys and a boogie board. When we came back I tried out the board with Daddy. Earlier in the day, I hadn't wanted to put my face in the water, even with my orange mask on, but with the board, I was fearless. I went in twice that afternoon and saw tons of fishies in the water.
Last night, we took a walk on the beach. We found lots of little sand crabs. I thought it was funny when Mommy would chase them so I did too. I couldn't catch any myself, but I did hold a few that Mommy caught. Then, later, we found a hermit crab walking along the beach right in front of our patio. We but it in my sifter, but it really wanted out so we let it go.
This morning, I have already gone out in the water once, built a sand castle and made lots of other fun sand things. I think I am going to like it here.

1 comment:
What a neat trip Lily. Did you swim with sea horses? Was the water warm?
XOXO Grandma Donna
Post a Comment