After some sleep, I went to the hospital to check on Mommy. She had had a rough morning and was glad to see me. I hung out with her and then went and got some breakfast. When I came back, I layed with Mommy for a while before going to my swim lesson.
Just as I was getting in the water, at 11:29, my baby sister was born. She weighed 6 pounds 13 ounces (just like me) and measured 19 3/4 inches, a quarter inch more than I did. She had tons of hair too.
The nurses and doctors left for about an hour and a half and Mommy and Daddy got to hang out with the baby. After a while she had her first meal and then the nurse came back in. She helped Daddy get the baby all cleaned up and ready to meet me.
After lessons, Grammy brought me back to meet my new sister. I got to pick her middle name so her name is Fiona Rebecca Schultz.
Here I am holding her on my own for the first time.
She brought me a big bag of presents including a new necklace with my birthstone in it. I also got a big sister bracelet from the hospital like Mommy and Daddy got.
Later, Dr. Landman from my doctor's office came to check on Fiona. She let me help change the first diaper!
My friend Melina came by the hospital. I showed her all the cool stuff in my big sister bag.
She brought me some ice cream. Yum! Daddy got to have his first beer since Memorial Day too.
Then I had dinner with Mommy, Daddy and Grammy before going home for the night. I really wanted to stay and Daddy really wanted to go home. Fiona cuddled with Daddy before bed.
The next morning we brought cocoa, coffee and pastries to the hospital for breakfast. I got to hold Fiona again.
Here we are together as we were getting ready to go home. I got to pick what Fiona wore home from the hospital.
Here is Fiona on her first day at home from the hospital.
It is exciting to be a big sister and I like some parts of it, but it sure is hard! Here we all are together.













2 comments:
That nurse was really good, and I don't think she was Filipino--how could that be? Why no June beers?
The pictures are wonderful!! Thank you for sharing. You all look so happy (and a little tired. Have fun. Love Mom
Post a Comment