Thursday, October 9, 2008

17 Months

I am 17 months old today. I am such a big girl now. I say please and thank you all the time. I know the names of all my friends at school and recognize them when I see them in the morning. I love to say hi and bye to everyone that I see. I have learned how to tickle people and even tickle my stuffed animal sometimes. I say so many words, Mommy has stopped counting them now. I have only gained about a pound and not even an inch since last month.
I love shoes right now. When I want to go out or on a walk, I will bring Mommy and Daddy their shoes. I have learned to take my own shoes off, but I haven't yet managed to get them on yet. I can also take off my clothes and my diaper if I want. I enjoy trying to put on my clothes, but I can't get them all the way on yet. I can get my head in my shirt, but not my arms. I can also take off and put on my own bib.
I am still a difficult eater. I don't eat very much at a time. I am pretty adventurous and will try lots of new things, but I am not eating very much meat still. Every once in a while I will eat some, and if you put dip on it, I am more likely to try it. I eat with a fork and spoon now and can drink out of a cup too.
I am a big climber. I like to try to get on top of everything. I also like to jump off things. I have given myself multiple bruises and fat lips this month doing that. I think that if I jump, Mommy or Daddy will catch me, even if they are not right there.
I still love to read and have several favorites that I know words to. I like to sing songs with Mommy that have things for me to do. My favorite is Open Shut Them. My favorite toys right now are blocks, legos and shape sorting toys. The swings and slide are still my favorites at the park. I still want to do everything by myself. I am almost ready to climb down the stairs by myself. I can go up small sets on my own and I can go up larger ones using the rails. I am a very busy girl!

No comments: